Monday, March 30, 2009

Last Night

**I also updated the last two entries with pictures! It finally worked..So there you go, check those out.

So today we had a meeting to wrap up the trip and discuss our projects, which we will present next week. I went to the library then at the University for a couple hours. It was quite confusing and different, but they have a lovely library with many many resources and more current things than our library! It was an interesting experience in and of itself, for I needed to fill out a permit to go in and look at the books, and I had to give them my passport number and exactly what I would be researching. As far as I know, other libraries in the US are not like that! I got quite a bit of useful information for my project, and I hope to post the powerpoint slides on here maybe when I finish it and present it next week. (we'll see - it depends on how well the finished product looks..haha)

For my last dinner I went to Clarke Quay again with Noelle and Kathryn, and we had a great dinner at a Japanese restaurant followed by delicious turkish ice cream. Clarke Quay is beautiful at night with many lights along the river, etc. and there are many people there at all times and days of the week. I wish there were a place like that where I lived - it is actually very soothing and happy at night time. I will also miss the terrific storms that happen almost every day - I love thunderstorms. There are many interesting and beautiful things here, as well as different cultures and perspectives to investigate. I really enjoyed my time here, but I am also very glad to go back to the states!

Among other things, I miss my bed and my pillows! Also I miss the food - I do enjoy asian cuisine, but I'm just not used to eating it every day. I could definitely go for some of Sly's cooking at the lab, and definitely a nice bowl of cereal or a nice salad. Mmm..simple foods. Simple foods. haha. I also look forward to getting back to some beautiful Spring weather in Beaufort. I have gotten used to this heat, and I don't think it really bothers me a whole lot, but I appreciate the cooler days back home more now, that's for sure! I also miss having real class, as silly as that may sound to some people, but I like learning and being busy. I'm also really looking forward to getting back to the molecular lab so I can finally get cranking on my scale worms, now that I'm pretty sure which methods to use. (I know I am suuuuch a nerd!) More than just getting back to Beaufort, I also miss Wittenberg and Ohio, as craaazy as THAT sounds. I registered for my fall classes tonight, and I am very excited to get back into normal college life. But of course I can live in any place and all have their ups and downs. I imagine no matter where I am I will always miss something about one of the other places I am lacking...But this is a fortunate thing!

So I will hopefully be able to get some sleep, although I doubt it...the anticipation of the journey ahead is too much, too much! I will "awake" in 3 1/2 hours and embark halfway around the world yet again. Goodnight, and goodbye Singapore...

No comments:

Post a Comment